Sustained by Partnership
It is through the faithful giving of individuals, churches, alumni, businesses and foundations that Campus Outreach is able to reach college students with the gospel. Our primary concern with the funds entrusted to us is the faithful stewardship of them before the Lord and our donors. Staff members raise funds for the ministries they conduct. Donations are used for the reasonable compensation and ministry expenses of our staff members, ministry programs, student summer training, and mission projects.
2 Ways to Give
- Give online via bank draft, credit, or debit card.
- Give by mailing a check.
Give to Staff
Campus Outreach is a 501c(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to Campus Outreach Columbia are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Campus Outreach Columbia has complete discretion and control over the use of donated funds which are restricted to board approved activities.
Giving Help & FAQs
Why should I partner with Campus Outreach?
Campus Outreach is a ministry sustained by partnership. It is through the faithful giving of individuals, churches, alumni, businesses and foundations that Campus Outreach is able to reach college students with the gospel. Our primary concern with the funds entrusted to us is the faithful stewardship of them before the Lord, donors, and the IRS. Donations are used for the reasonable compensation and ministry expenses of our staff members, ministry programs, student summer training, and mission projects.
How do I start giving online?
You may give online by credit card (Visa, MC, Discover, Amex) or eCheck/ACH (bank account).
- Go to cocolumbia.org/give
- Select a staff person or a giving campaign you wish to support.
- Fill out the giving form.
- Select whether you want to give one-time or recurring.
- Select an amount then click next.
- Enter your personal information then click next. (NOTE: If you give by credit card, the address you enter must match the address on file with the card)
- Select payment type: Credit Card or eCheck.
- Enter your payment information.
- Select whether you want to cover processing fees (3.3% for credit card; $0.50 for eCheck)
- Review your donation and then click Donate Now!
How do I give by check?
To give by check:
- Make your check payable to: Campus Outreach Columbia
- On the memo line, please indicate your giving preference: staff person, event, fund, etc.
- Mail your check to:
Campus Outreach Columbia
701 Gervais St.
Columbia, SC 29201
- If this is your first time giving to Campus Outreach Columbia, please fill out this form so that we have your information in our system.
How do I adjust or cancel my online giving?
Unfortunately, our giving platform does not offer a donor portal where you can manage your donations and view your statements.
If you wish to make changes to your existing recurring donations, here are your options:
How do I update my online payment methods?
We can update your current recurring donation amount but for security reasons, we are unable to update your credit card or bank info from our end.
To update your payment method:
- You must cancel your current recurring donation.
- Re-signup with your new payment method info.
Will I receive a receipt when I give online?
Yes. You will be emailed a receipt each time you give.
Is my financial information safe?
Why is there an option to cover fees?
By covering the processing fees, the full intended amount is able to be received by Campus Outreach. Fees are also tax deductible.
We ask supporters to consider covering credit card fees because there is a 3.3% processing fee associated with credit cards. The fee associated with eCheck is a flat $0.50 per transaction.
How long does my recurring giving last?
Your recurring giving will continue:
- as long as the staff member you support is employed with us, or
- until you notify us in writing to make a change to your gift
*It is also possible that your recurring giving may abruptly stop for several reasons. Please contact us if you have more questions.
How do I update my mailing address or email address.
Please email us at email@example.com with your updated information.
Where is my year-end receipt or giving statement?
Year-end receipts are mailed out by January 31st. Depending on USPS, they will arrive to your home address on file within one-to-two weeks. We are happy to offer you a PDF version of your year-end receipt upon email request. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes, Campus Outreach Columbia is an Integrated Auxiliary of Columbia Presbyterian Church and therefore is able to accept donations per IRS guidelines.
Can I receive a refund for my donation?
All donations are final. No refunds are given.
Where does my donation go and how are they used?
Any giving to Campus Outreach Columbia is a donation to the organization as a whole. Campus Outreach Columbia will accept gift preferences for ministry associated with an individual staff member with the understanding that, to accomplish ministry through people, Campus Outreach Columbia pays compensation (salary, taxes, and benefits such as health insurance) and appropriate expenses related to the ministry (such as mileage to a ministry event) provided that their support account is healthy. Campus Outreach Columbia will seek to honor the donors’ preference, and our accounting records will track the use of those contributions.
What are campus budgets?
Campus budgets help fund:
- Bible study materials and food to start up evangelistic Bible studies on the campus each semester
- Materials and snacks for weekly meetings as well as other events on campus for the year - that more students on that campus might be exposed to Christ!
- Training and team-building for the campus staff team once a year, so that they might be more effective in ministering to students.